5 Ways To Boost Your Work Atmosphere
1. Aesthetics. The view around your office is absolutely worth investing in! In small spaces or large offices, it’s easy to spruce up your surroundings with a few additions and color swatches. Be intentional with your lighting by using lamps in place of strong overhead lights when applicable. Bring in some fresh greenery with a few plants or succulents for the desks! Around the holidays, if you’d like, it’s always refreshing to see a change of scene on the bulletin board or simple decorations around the windows.
2. Community. You know each other fairly well inside of the office, but you might understand people’s working habits better if you get to know their personality and life outside of the office. Extending an invite to your entire team for a company outing can be nervewracking, but it allows co-workers to freely engage in conversation without time or duty restraints. Plus, employees always appreciate a company going out of their way to make them feel like they are a part of the bigger picture.
3. Appreciation. Speaking of feeling appreciated, when was the last time you thanked your co-worker for being present, hard-working, and dedicated to their job? Some creative ways to thank your partner, team, or staff are electing an employee of the month, hosting a pizza party social, or simple words of affirmation when you’ve noticed somebody going above and beyond! These are the moments that people remember for years.
4. Encouragement. No matter what your title in the company may be, there’s going to be a time where you need to be encouraged! If you simply don’t have the time to walk around and check in on your co-workers or team, consider hanging a bulletin or dry erase board with a new inspiring quote every week! Everyone comes from a different life story, sometimes the people in your office know more about your life story than your relatives, so we know that some days are tougher than others. It’s important to keep your team moving in a positive direction throughout the week.
5. Team Players. The people around you in the office are certainly going to see you at your best, and your worst, but at the end of the day, you are all a part of a team that is working towards the same goal. Something you can do to bring your staff together as a team is to host weekly meetings where everyone has time to speak their suggestions and offer solutions to any existing issues. Employees thrive when they know their voice is being heard, it reassures that an employee isn’t just a number or fillable position.
There are plenty of fun games that you can put together to keep your staff energized and motivated! The end result? People enjoy coming to work! Think about what you could do as a weekly game, for example posting a riddle every Monday and rewarding the first person who can guess it! Adding colors, plants, decorations, and great lighting can work wonders to boost your mood at the office. For any questions, or if you’re currently seeking a position or staffing agency, contact us at 281-872-9300 and we will be happy to help!